Wednesday, November 9, 2011

1991 Clutch Pilot bearing is self destructing...

Ok, so I have been hearing clutch whines from time to time then all of a sudden it's really bad!  Apparently the pilot bearing is trying to eat itself.   If you are hearing the initial intermittent clutch whine, don't wait, get on it quick before other damage is caused.  It was amazing how fast it went from annoying to potentially destructive!  I have a clutch ordered and will be installed on Monday.

It saddens me when my ZR1 is in discomfort and sits in the garage.   Being it's my DD, I am now reduced to commuting in 30 degree weather on my 09 YZFR1.   I hope it doesn't snow!

1 comment:

  1. Not the pilot bearing. Turned out to be the release (throw out) bearing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, corrections or input is welcome!